Parental involvement is always encouraged in all aspects of school life. We work very closely with our parents in making effective education provision for our children.
As a school, we seek to develop firm communication with our parents through the following means:
- Regular Sms providing details about recent and up-to-date events whilst also providing future dates for your diaries and celebrating the work of the children.
- The school facebook/twitter/instagram accounts – @LukenyaSchools which provides regular updates and photographic images to enable all followers to see the day-to-day running of the school
- The school website which provides relevant documents and policies as well as additional information about staff, our curriculum and links to newsletters and of course our Twitter account.
- Termly Curriculum letters provided by each class teacher which enables all parents to see what their child will be learning and studying each term.
- Visiting Days which are held once a term to provide all parents with an opportunity to look at children’s books and to discuss the progress of their own child/children.
- Individual reports which are written at the end of each academic year and will identify a pupil’s strengths, areas for development and future targets. However, please do not feel that you need to wait until a visiting day or until your child’s report is produced if you have any concerns over the progress of your child. We are always willing to listen, so please come in and talk to us.